Day: January 11, 2014

Yosemite Valley Chapel

Posted on Updated on

In the spring of 1878, the California State Commissioners of the Yosemite Grant received an application “from the Rev. J.K. McLean and others, representing an association known as the Sunday School Union, for permission to erect in the Yosemite Valley a chapel, which should be used for undenominational purposes.” The application was granted, and a “handsome, tasteful building” was erected the following year near where the present Four Mile trailhead is located today.